UserBox
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Advertisers
Members Online
4 Guests, 1 User (1 Hidden)
+-Theme Select

Author Topic: 57th Macau Results And Vids  (Read 124 times)

Offline RC51_dude

• 1000cc Rider
  • New Member to Ott-Moto
57th Macau Results And Vids
« on: November 21, 2010, 11:53:16 AM »
Easton puts down a lap record, check out the times and average speeds, OMG!
http://www.macau.grandprix.gov.mo/gp/57/data/result_57/MGPBIKES_RACE.pdf

Part 1
For the Umbrella Girls, oh yeah, and the start at 8:12

Part 2
Easton backs it in at 3:20, starts his record breaking pace, great on-board footage at 4:50, followed by some awesome footage of Jeremy Toye from USA (3rd).
Peris’ red flag incident at 11:30, damn, took a minute for safety crew to get to him.

Part 3
Chris Peris aftermath red flag and waiting for re-start.

Part 4
Re-start

Part 5
Easton lap record this vid and check out 6:42, yikes, almost nails a cat!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/sportchannel100#p/u/3/pfBbFrGO4oY

Ott-Motorcycles.ca

57th Macau Results And Vids
« on: November 21, 2010, 11:53:16 AM »

Offline RC51_dude

• 1000cc Rider
  • New Member to Ott-Moto
Re: 57th Macau Results And Vids
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 11:55:19 AM »
Some quotes from the WERA board by Sean Dwyer (finished 19th);

"Thanks for the props guys. Chris is back at the hotel and doing well.

I will give ya the short version here. A week before the bike had to ship I blew up my superbike. No biggie, these guys aren't going to ride this track like all that crazy fast right??? HAHahahaha. Left the mag wheels, big brakes and better forks at home. They cant possibly race this track that fast I thought. I was wrong.

Anybody thinking they are holding back more than a couple percent is mistaken. The first session out there was a yrs worth of grease and oil from cabs etc. Took it easy. It's like trying learn 2 tracks at the same time. Every turn is blind and narrow. Long straights. You can find seconds in chunks.
You get one practice..45min. Then q1. I went 12 seconds faster from practice to q1. Dropped another 5 seconds in q2...was in the show pretty easy, but then Easton and those guys put qualifying tires on their ex-Tom Sykes factory Kawis...ended up being pretty close. There were guys that qualifyed last year that got sent home.

Anyway, went another 3.1 faster in the race. Fastest lap on the last lap. Most physical track Ive ever ridden.

The pace at the front was ridiculous. I think this is the most challenging thing I've ever done.

I think 32 tried to race. 27 or so made it...ended up 19th. Im wishing I had brought a better bike, but honestly this year was just about learning and not putting it in the wall. You have to be so disciplined...no mistakes. You can't see through the corners so you find references on the outside wall....right where you should never look.

Totally stoked on the way I rode. Peris was flying, glad he's ok. He put a lap on youtube. I got some killer onboard footage. Toye was riding awesome. Dude brought a killer bike and rode this piss out of it.

I'll give ya the longer story later if ya want to hear it. Off to another massage and after party. My life doesnt suck. Went to load the bike today and got mobbed for autograpsh and pics for 3hrs. Funny as hell. I was saying funny $hnit the whole time and they would just smile. Kissed a some hot girls....all goood

You have to have some serious stones to do this stuff. The grid was real professional. Real superbikes. BSB guys etc. Bikes that had 50 more hp than my bike. IMHO it would be easier to make an AMA grid at an unfamiliar track then to qualify here. Just cause it takes so long to learn how long each corner is, if the walls change radius....which friggin corner is coming etc.

There is a fast kink...you come in topped in 6th ...grab to downshifts and drift across a couple car lanes towards the wall. Lose it there and they will be mopping you up. Brutal."

Offline RC51_dude

• 1000cc Rider
  • New Member to Ott-Moto
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »
Apparently these are quotes from Chris Peris posted by a second party;

This is from Chris...

"I turned into the fast left before the hairpin, rear came around I saved it on my knee and picked it up only to go head on with the wall at 50mph…… the wall won that battle! I had a concussion, bruised lung and back. They released me from the hospital this morning and I am feeling much better today. Thanks for all the well wishes!"

This was from earlier...

"We had a tire mix up and ended up with no tire for the race. So we borrowed a hard tire that I have never ridden cuz it was all we could find. Grip wasn’t quite the same!"

On-board from an earlier session. Gell well soon Chris!
https://www.ott-motorcycles.ca/index.php?topic=48063.0

Offline Maverick

• 600cc Rider
  • OSC Gearing Up Instructor
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 02:42:14 PM »
Did you see the black cat run out in front of Easton on the last lap?! What a great race. Hope Peris heals up fast.

Offline karl_1052

• **** Post Whore ****
  • I am the sensible one.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »
Did you see the black cat run out in front of Easton on the last lap?! What a great race. Hope Peris heals up fast.

lunch escaped? :evil6:
"If you can't annoy somebody with what you write, I think there's little point in writing." Kingsley Amis, British novelist, 1971

Offline suffocated

• Global Moderator
  • 750cc Rider
    • Web - Link
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 08:33:15 PM »
FYI, for those who want to watch the Macau race:

VIDEO
(506mb, right-click and pick 'save as')

Offline blackkat

• 500cc Rider
  • Is winter over yet...??
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »

Hey I was no where near there  :confused5:  :evil6:
Always fear the black kat >=)

Offline kawasicky

• 500cc Rider
  • Brrr-Bik-Q
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »
Apparently Peris has a ruptured spleen and bruised his lung.  Highsided and hit the wall, very scary.  Seemed like eterntity before the bike was pulled off him. 

Offline Maverick

• 600cc Rider
  • OSC Gearing Up Instructor
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 04:50:08 PM »
Hey I was no where near there  :confused5:  :evil6:

:laughing4: