Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?
Advertisers
Members Online
5 Guests, 1 User
geastman
+-Theme Select

Author Topic: New feature on Ott-Motorcycles.ca 2.0  (Read 1128 times)

Offline npereira

• Administrator
  • Nitrous Injected
  • Moé j'aime ca des pop-tartes... mousi mousi !
    • NPereira Personal Site
New feature on Ott-Motorcycles.ca 2.0
« on: July 13, 2009, 05:12:19 PM »
Hello all,

I`ve been hard at work trying to find the best suitable features to add to the site after upgrading from 1.1.9 to 2.0. Still ironing last minute little issues, but also just added a Brand New Feature.
Classified ads...

You can access it by clicking on the Classifieds link in the menu or the Left block in the front page. What is neat about this new feature is that you have the ability to list Auctions as well as normal listings. There's a specific section for Auctions as the other section of Classifieds are setup for normal listings only.

I encourage anyone and everyone to use this nice feature and promote it to your friends.

Note that anyone having an item unsold in the "For Sale / Looking for" section, will need to re-do their listing in the Classifieds, as this section will re-direct all users to the Classifieds section this week. All topics will then be deleted.

If you have any questions or suggestions, post a message in the "Help / Suggestions" section.

A little note on the upgrade last weeks:
This was THE biggest upgrade to the site. I had setup a beta test and was testing it for the past 3-4 months. There was still issues with it and I did not want to put the users in a bad situation by upgrading to an unstable version of the software, so I waited for it to be stable. So the upgrade came and went last weeks, and the front end also changed a bit as the old one was not compatible with the new release 2.0 of the software. Monday July 13th, everything is up and working like a charm, and a lot faster as well. Plus this new Classifieds section is a GREAT addition to the site which in my mind was the biggest lack of Ott-Motorcycles.ca

Thanks to all the members that helped me in telling me little issues that we had, and to grind through this upgrade. Still, Ott-Motocycles.ca is recognized across the region as THE biggest and most successful Motorcycle related community and that is not only my responsibility, but all active members that have been promoting it to friends. Thank you to all of you.

August 3rd 2009 will begin Ott-Motorcycles.ca's 6... yes 6 consecutive year in operation, and with new things and new help from local shops, which are in discussion as I write this message. Hopefully other shops in town will recognize the benefits of advertising on Ott-motorcycles.ca and will sign up to be part of our community.

One last thing, I am currently taking request to get 1 or 2 more site Moderators, as I feel we need it. Send me a PM (personal Message) on the forum if you’re interested.

If you need to get a hold of me directly, you can, by sending me an email [email protected] or use the Personal Message feature on the forum which is the best way to get a hold of me.

Again, thank you to all members, and especially all 17 Site Supporters for their donations to help the site with maintenance fees, and added features that I implement on the site. And a big thanks to my 3 Global Moderators (GixxerSteph, NotKitten and Skittles) which have made a terrific job in keeping this site clean.

Best Regards,
Nelson Pereira
Webmaster/Administrator
www.Ott-Motorcycles.ca

P.S.: Do not reply to this email as I will never get it... it goes into a big black whole...

Ott-Motorcycles.ca

New feature on Ott-Motorcycles.ca 2.0
« on: July 13, 2009, 05:12:19 PM »